PaperCoverUP

Tuesday, July 05, 2011





Do you enjoy watching "America Got Talent"? I have always enjoyed Howie Mandell. All the way back to when Ashley was 4 and he did his animated cartoon "Howie". The thing about Howie is that he has OCD, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I live with this also. However, I do not have it, my husband does. I cannot say what it would feel like to not be able to let a thought go, or not be able to turn your brain off, but I do know what it is like to be the person receiving those thoughts for an endless amount of time. I love my husband, and we are so fortunate that OCD is a way of life and not an end of life. I know this and I treasure this fact. But at times, simple things seem so hard. Little bumps feel like mountains....Every now and then abit of my daily life with OCD will sneak its way into this blog. I would like you to remember, just like I do that I love my husband, I support my husband and he has the biggest heart -- as the saying goes he is a big old teddy bear -- but when he growls, he growls! Just to add a wonderful fact that I have learned, at least from my husband with OCD, he is loving and honest to a fault! No lies, just the honest to goodness truth. When it comes to my crafts and home decor, I always know how he feels and what he thinks of my work. He will notice if I move a chair to the other side of the room, or hang a new frame, add a toss pillow and he will tell me if he likes it or not......I'm happy on that regard, he treasures that I'm home "managing the house" I used to get upset when he would say that, now I truly get it, and I love it!! Almost as much as I love him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home